Friday, December 25, 2009

Swati Snacks in Mumbai, India


On my first trip to Mumbai in mid November this year, a good friend of mine brought me join his family for a light lunch at Swati Snacks.

If you have a chance to visit Mumbai, I recommend to try this "fast food" restaurant. Don't compare this "fast food" with the usual western fast food :-) Fast food here really means fast. From the time you pick your seat, the menu is almost automatically in your hand, to the time your food is ready on the table was less than 5 minutes! In addition, this is not an oily range of food like the usual fast food we know.

This restaurant offers a wide range of vegetarian snacks which surprisingly taste really good even for me, a non vegetarian. The first food we ordered was made from rice flour, thinly spread over a banana leaf... it was really nice and not too heavy! Unfortunately I forgot what is the name of it :-(

The food was then followed by a glass of sugarcane juice. For those who live in Singapore, sugarcane juice and Indian food are available there too. A lot, I must say. But sugarcane juice at Swati snacks was different. It was refreshingly sweet, not too sweet with a little hint of lime, I think.

However, if you want some romantic ambience, or rather, an ambience, this is definitely not the place. This is most suitable for a family get together time with light meal. But.... I must say, I will visit this place again on my next trip!


1 comment:

  1. "Fast food here really means fast" ....... please tell us more about it

    ReplyDelete